Leap Day in 30 Seconds
Need a written shot of espresso to get you through Leap Day.
Here are some Italy in 30 Second suggestions for an Italian-inspired Leap Day
- You can jump start the Leap Day with a perfectly brewed cup of espresso. Extraction time needed to fill two 1-oz cups should be between 25-30 seconds
- You can read Leap Year at the Coffee Shop by Michael Eads on your Kindle in under a minute; at least the “click to look inside” version at Amazon.com
- You can see the decree that created the Gregorian Calendar named after Pope Gregory XIII who in February 1582 initiated changes that resulted in a calendar that standarized our current Leap Year system
- You can plan a Leap Day menu around Saltimbocca, a classic Italian veal dish made with prosciutto and sage whose name translates to jumps in the mouth
- You can take 30 seconds to say “felice anno bisestile“ and wish your friends Happy Leap Year in Italian